Random thoughts, daily life, being a student, quantum computing.

2007-07-07

Love, Love, Love.

What is the nature of love? I've been married for almost 10 years now, and it feels like I'm more in love than ever. I also feel more loved than ever. I consider myself quite blessed.

I think it may be trite, but true, that love comes from commitment. I was committed, she was, and so our love grew. Very cool. Sometimes it takes work and sacrifice, sometimes not. I can be moody, as can she. Sometimes it requires distance, sometimes we just can't get close enough.

So, why do I feel more loved than ever? A simple example happened this morning. I swore up and down yesterday that today I was going to be glued to my desk and nothing she could do would get me out and about. (Yes, I'm Canadian, eh!) However, this morning, I remembered I had left my O'Reilly Ant book at work, and I have to write a custom ant task for Monday. I needed the book. Because of my ankle (see post from a few days ago), I had to have her drive me.

This was love. She just said: "Sure - let's go".

So, that's the nature of love.

No comments: